Dove Summer Glow | Review

By Saturday, February 14, 2015 , ,


I've never been good at self tanning but I always loved to have a tan. My skin is kind of on the fair side and no matter how long I used to lay under the sun, it was always really hard for me to get a real tan. That deep, brown tan, you'll never see it on me, unless I find the perfect self tanner.

I've been experiencing with self-tanning products for quite a long time. I've tried a few self tanners out there, but I wasn't impressed. That is the reason you've never heard me speaking of one before. With Dove Summer Glow, the story is different. I like it. I don't love it, but I'm on that place where I can say that I could use this everyday from now on. That is the best case scenario, until I find the perfect self tanner.

I chose Dove Summer Glow for Medium to Dark Skin, because I wanted a deeper tan. And you know what? I even got a nice tan. It's not the best out there but hey, it's a gradual self tanning lotion, that also moisturizes skin and protects it.

The pictures don't do it justice, in real life the color is deeper. The kind of deep you can see on the picture I took with my Iphone. I can really see a difference in the color of my skin and I love the fact that I feel this tan like it's my own. I can shower, exfoliate and moisturize like I would normally do because it feels like my skin, not like a fake tan at all. It doesn't go off all patchy like normal tanners do, although I did experienced a few spots on my neck after a few weeks of using it. My neck is usually the problem zone when I fake tan, so I was kind of expecting that. It goes off nicely with a little bit of exfoliation under the shower so problem fixed.
On the rest of my body I noticed that it gradually fades until you think "hey, I need to apply it again". I also did notice that it darkens in about 2-3 hours after application which is kinda awesome.

In the pictures above, you can see my tan after 5 days of using the product everyday. It started to develop gradually, more and more each day. After 6-7 days, seems like the color stops developing and I think that I can't go darker than that. And I don't even want to, to be honest. I think this color is perfect for an everyday winter tan, but for the summer I may want something more.

I also think that this product would go nicely with a real fake tan, just for the maintanence part. It has a creamy consistency and a yellowish color, you cannot see where you've applied it so you have to be careful to make sure you'll be equally tanned. It's not hard to get a nice and even tan, honestly, since you can really work well with this product.

All in all, I really like the Dove Summer Glow gradual tanning lotion and I am happy that I ordered it. From Amazon, by the way.
 Natural light
/w flash
Iphone picture

What do you think about this? Have you tried it? Are you tempted to?

Find me on
Facebook || Twitter || Pinterest  || Tumblr || Instagram || Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Leave me your comment