Updated skin care routine

By Wednesday, August 26, 2015 ,

Today I am sharing with you my updated skin care routine. If you're a follower of mine, you must already know that for the past few months I've been struggling finding a skin care routine that actually works for me. Let me first explain what's been happening with my skin.  A few months ago I started breaking out really badly and tried, as an ultimate measure,the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid. This helped a little meaning that my pimples started healing faster. BUT it dried out my skin like crazy, although I would always apply moisturizer after it.
After about 2 months of using the BHA, I finally stopped using it up and decided to gave up on using harsh products due to the poor condition of my skin. About a month and a half ago, I read a random article on a website saying that honey helps with dry skin (my first problem) and breakouts so I decided to give honey a try. By the time I tried honey, my face was like a desert, it was sooooo dry it scared me. I started using honey and I saw improvements within the first days. My face was no longer that dry and my pimples were healed by the next day. 
Seeing so nice results with honey really made me reconsider my skin care routine and I promised myself I would never use again harsh products that dry my skin and irritate it just to get rid of some pimples! So I threw away most of my skin care products and began searching for anti aging and hydrating products that would actually help me keep my skin clean at the same time.

I will start the actual skin care related post with the makeup remover I love, the Balea Oil Makeup Remover. This has some sort of oil blend in it that is very effective in terms of removing any type of foundation, bronzer, blush etc. I clean my face twice with it in the evening, after taking off my eye makeup with the Balea Waterproof Makeup remover.
The cleanser I love is the Neutrogena Gentle Hydrating Cleanser I spoke about in a few posts. I love it, I use it 2 times a day, in the morning and the evening. I use the double cleansing method with this cleanser too.
After this, I use my Garnier Micellar Water and some cotton pads to make sure there is no trace of makeup of my face and splash the face with warm water to remove any residue. 
One of my skin care revelations is the hot towel used on the face at evening, after the micellar water.. For this, I use a regular small towel left under hot water for a few seconds. I then squeeze the water and apply it on my face for about 10 seconds. The water temperature must be supportable, not too hot, just enough to open up the pores. I use a clean towel every evening. This works great for me and I had little to no pimples for the past weeks since I've started using it. 

I use the Nivea Q10 Pearl Serum 2 times a day, in the morning and the evening after cleansing my face. This is great for dehydrated skin as it contains hyaluronic acid and is easily absorbed into the skin. If it's morning, I let it soak in and apply my Kiss My Face Sunscreen afterwards, followed by my usual makeup routine. If it's evening and I want to keep it simple, I apply Nivea Creme after the serum on areas that need more moisture, such as the bridge of my nose, my under eye area as an eye cream and the chin.
Once a week, at evening, I skip the Nivea Pearl serum and I use the Mebra Vitamin A cream that is very hydrating and helps with keeping my complexion clear. This is the night I use only this, nothing else, on my face, neck and on my chest area.
Twice a week, after cleansing my face, I use the Alpha Hydrox Oil Free Treatment with 10% Glycolic Acid, followed by the Nivea Q10 Pearl Serum. 
I use the Beauty Formulas Cleansing Pore Nose Strips once every two weeks, because I don't feel the need to use them more often like I used to when my skin care routine was not so complex. Also once a week, on the day I don't use the Alpha Hydrox treatment or the Mebra cream, I exfoliate using honey and coffee grounds.
I took the picture above this morning. I am not wearing anything in it, not even the Nivea Serum. My face is not perfect, but I've got a feeling I'm on the right track since it's the best it looked this year. As you can see, my skin care routine revolves around the terms of hydrating, anti aging and clear skin. There's still room for improvement and changes meaning that I want to include a Vitamin C serum into my routine since I'm not a stranger to it's effects (see this post here) and my beloved rosehip oil. I must also mention I apply all my skin care products by gently pressing them onto the skin. I don't pull the skin, I don't massage it, I don't stretch it. 

Let me know if you have used any of the products I mentioned!

Have a nice day.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Leave me your comment