Essence Longlasting Lipstick in #13 Love Me

By Friday, July 24, 2015 ,

essence longlasting lipstick love me
Essence Long lasting Lipstick in #13 Love Me

This is my first experience with an Essence Lipstick. I know, shame on me, but bare with me this time. I am not the kind that wears pink lipsticks, in fact I don't have many of them, but I might become a fan since this shade is so nice. What attracted me to this particular lipstick was the word "Long lasting". I presume Essence misunderstood the term because this is everything but not that. I chose the shade based on the swatches over the internet but I solemnly swear it's the prettiest shade I own right now and I don't regret buying it.
essence longlasting lipstick love me
The color is a warm pink with a slightly peachy under tone, really hard to catch in the pictures. Depending on the light, this may look as a soft pale pink lipstick also, as it is the case with my swatch below. I did my best to edit the pictures so you can see the real color of this, but it's a tricky one. What can I say, the shade is a beauty and fits my pale skin perfectly. In fact, when I wear this, I look more alive and cheerful because it compliments my skin tone. This color looks so luminous and more on the baby pink side because my natural lip color is a very light one but nevertheless it doesn't stand out very much and it's appropriate for everyday use. I actually find it similar to Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink because of the luminous and vivid color.
essence longlasting lipstick love me
This has a velvety smooth formula and feels soft on the lips. I can barely feel I have lipstick on, that is how lightweight and smooth this is. I don't like however the fact that tends to just sit on the lips, like it's fellow brother from Catrice Ultimate Shine in Shy Flamingo and, therefore, emphasizes every dry spot I have. This lipstick is a little light in coverage and in order to get more coverage I have to apply more of it. It often looks horrible once applied and I have to use a tissue to remove the excess and then apply another coat. Once I do that, it feels really comfortable, almost hydrating and the coverage is increased.
essence longlasting lipstick love me
The finish is luminous and rich, it looks beautifully once applied the right way. Although this doesn't have a silicone texture, I like a lot the final result and the color. The term 'Long lasting' makes me think about matte lipsticks, like the Sephora Cream Lip Stain or their Color Collection range, but this is quite the opposite. Looks and feels creamy, but lightweight at the same time.
The staying power is not that great, considering the creamy formula, and I feel the need to reapply it every 2-3 hours or after I eat/drink. I don't mind it, it's just the fact that the 'Long lasting' name is not really appropriate for this and for someone who's looking for a lipstick that stays on for a few hours can be pretty disappointing. 
essence longlasting lipstick love me
The packaging is nice and simple, not made of cheap plastic. What surprised me the first time I opened the lipstick was the fact that the package's color is exactly (or at least very similar) to the actual lipstick color. The mechanism inside works well also. 
You can find this lipstick here for $2.93.


Have a nice day! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Leave me your comment