Essence Silky Touch Blush in #70 Kissable

By Tuesday, July 14, 2015 ,

essence blush kissable
Essence Silky Touch Blush in #70 Kissable

It's a shame I didn't try Essence blushes until now, since they are really cheap and I wear blush on a daily basis anyway. With makeup it's about getting what you pay for but, nonetheless, Essence have products that are worth paying even more than the actual price. That's the case with this blush I have been loving for the past few weeks, though I didn't expect to like it this much. I remember buying their BB Cream last year that broke me out really bad and so I stopped using their products, but after reading so many positive reviews about them I decided that a single bad experience shouldn't reflect on the other products. It's nice when all that panic goes away and I discover such nice products at such a low price. 

The blush is a muted pink with an under-plum tone. It reminds me a little of the Sleek Rose Gold blush, because the Essence one has also golden reflections that are so discrete and lovely this could pass as an expensive product if it weren't for the packaging and the Essence name on it. The color is gorgeous, wearable especially in the colder months because of the slightly plum tone. I however wear it now, in the summer because I love the shade. It was hard to capture the shade exactly, I hope you can get the idea. Some would say this is not appropriate for pale skin toned people, I would say I love it for my pale face. It is a little tricky to use because of the plum toned color, but it's worth it.


This has indeed a silky formula and has managed to make me leave my Sleek Rose Gold Blush aside for a few weeks. It's not powdery or dusty at all, which surprised me. In fact this is really compact and smooth. I like a blush that it's easy to blend it without much effort, and this makes no exception. I wouldn't say it's incredible easy to work with, but it's okay. It does tend to blend heavily on some areas if I take out too much product at once, but I blend it until I like how it looks. It doesn't require a lot of effort to blend it though, so no need to worry about this. The finish it provides is a soft glowiness I adore, because it's neither too much nor too discrete for my everyday makeup. I would say that Essence nailed it with this blush because I am eager to try more of their shades.

The staying power is nothing really impressive, like most blushes it tends to wear off towards the end of the day, but I did notice that it clings on longer when I am wearing my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation.


I would have liked the packaging to be more resistant and not made of cheap plastic but, what can I say, you get what you pay for and in this case, you get even more, considering the quality of the blush itself. The packaging is quite simple and on the back you can see the ingredients and all the other details about the product. The blush pattern is a really nice detail which adds more to the product itself.


You can get this is any stores that sell Essence products (Douglas in Cluj-Napoca) for about  2.80. For my romanian readers, you can find it here.


Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comentarii

Leave me your comment